Job Title: Fund Development Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
This is a professional position with responsibility for securing funding via United Way, grant opportunities, major donors, special events and other resources in a specific regional within the Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the fund development representative for GSNWGL in the area making direct solicitations of donors, grant writing, planning events, and other relevant fund development activities.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage United Way and grant proposals and reports.
- Work with and coordinate Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes, Inc. staff and volunteer attendance at required funding meetings.
- Research new grant opportunities in the region and surrounding areas of Wisconsin.
- Attend regional team meetings and other GSNWGL staff functions as applicable. This includes limited travel as expected within an approximate 150-mile radius.
- Prepare personal thank you notes and additional stewardship items/steps as appropriate based on funder preference. Includes scheduled interaction with major donors and foundation/United Way contacts.
- Maintain a grant calendar and enter grant and United Way allocation pledge data into the DonorPerfect database system.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities in the territory.
- Be an active member of community group(s).
- Represent the Council in a professional and personable manner.
9. Build and develop relationships with community and corporate leaders.
- May conduct presentations to business, community and civic organizations.
- Obtain new high-level program, event, and council-wide sponsors.
10. Work with members of the Regional Advisory Committees (RAC) in the specified region.
- Staff and support RAC meetings.
- Coordination of special events, small socials and outreach activities developed and supported by the committee.