POSITION: AmeriCorps - Reaching Out Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: AmeriCorps Program
REPORTS TO: Reaching Out manager
This is a position working directly with youth in Reaching Out programs.
1. Design, develop and implement innovative programs to reach underserved and unserved populations as identified by Outreach Manager and Membership Managers.
2. Ensure girl and adult safety through education and promotion of safe practices and consistent interpretation of GSUSA and GSNWGL policies, standards and procedures.
3. Interpret and promote Girl Scouting to the community.
4. Operate within budget, economizing where possible, to ensure quality services are provided. Submit reports as requested in a timely fashion.
5. Support council functions through promotion of council sponsored activities, meetings and volunteer opportunities. Promote the Girl Scout culture of philanthropy by cultivating and building relationships with donors.
6. Act as a consensus-builder and trouble-shooter with parents, community volunteers and GSNWGL staff to sustain positive relationships.