POSITION: Part-Time Human Resources Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt GRADE: 7 ($11.50 - $14 per hour)
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Generalist
Provide data entry and clerical support to the HR, Payroll and Business Service areas in addition to being responsible for providing ‘back-up’ customer service to all callers and walk-in guests, as well as administrative and retail duties as needed.
- Perform general office/clerical support duties, i.e. word processing, data entry, filing, copying, collating and mailing.
- Creating and posting job descriptions, maintaining applicant files, screening and interviewing applicants, creating new hire packets and orientation materials for permanent, temporary and seasonal staff. Prepare EEO and other GSUSA reports.
- Maintain HR Online staff demographics, PTO and PTO reports, skills/training/education and create HR Online reports as needed by maintaining HRIS
- Assist with tracking development plans for staff. Assist in preparation of trainings and assist with presentation of material. Evaluate trainings.
- Maintain current and inactive paper and electronic files including boxing and destroying files per the retention guidelines.
- Maintain workers compensation files, create new reports/claims, and complete OSHA paperwork.
- Researching and updating policies as needed.
- Assist with the employee benefit program, including annual review and on-going maintenance and terminations.
- Support council functions through promotion of council sponsored activities. Promote the Girl Scout culture of philanthropy by cultivating and building relationships with donors.
- Supports functions of a multi-channel service center.
- Answers incoming calls/requests; engages in problem-solving and provides solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including but not limited to email, phone and walk-in customers.
- Maintains a customer-centric environment in public areas of council facilities.
- Provides backup support to all customer care and retail specialists.